OV-CAOS is currently seeking to fill two positions:
2) Planting the Seeds for Mental Health
Call for Artist-Facilitator • Application Guidelines
Planting the Seeds for Mental Health is a collaborative project between OV-CAOS, the Community Resource Centre (CRC) and Rainbow Valley Community Health Centre. Funded by the Ontario Arts Council, the project is aimed at growing and deepening the conversation around mental health in Killaloe. Using a variety of art materials, community members will be invited to create miniature worlds that reflect their experiences, concerns and hopes about mental health. The miniature worlds will become part of five public art installations designed to further deepen the mental health conversation.
The Artist-Facilitator Position
OV-COAS is hiring one artist-facilitator for this project. Compensation is based on $45/hour for 52 hours of work between January 2019 and May 2019. This is a one-time position with the potential of working on other OV-CAOS projects in the future.
As part of a team that includes the project coordinator and project partners, the artist-facilitator will design and build the public installations and design and facilitate three public making sessions and three community outreach sessions. This project will take place in the village of Killaloe.
The artist-facilitator will have a combination of the following qualifications and characteristics:
• strong group facilitation skills
• the ability to work independently and as part of a team
• experience in community arts facilitation
• an educational, practice, and/or work background in the arts
• an understanding of the ways that the arts can be used to contribute to personal, social and community health
• strong communication skills
• Empathy, tact and sensitivity, and
• A commitment to respecting confidentiality.
An OPP vulnerable sector check is required.
Please send a cover letter, artist-facilitator biography (300 words max) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, on or before midnight on November 26, 2018, with the subject line – “Mental Health Garden artist-facilitator proposal – Your Name”