Ottawa Valley Community Arts (OV-CAOS), in partnership with the Community Resource Centre, Killaloe, has received a three year grow grant from the Ontario Trillium Foundation to expand on the Pop Up Art programming established in 2019.
Over the next three years, Ottawa Valley residents will have the opportunity to experience Pop Up Art in the form of art exhibitions,* art events* and art-making.*
OV-CAOS is seeking artist-facilitators to work with OV-CAOS staff to collaboratively design and facilitate community art events*, workshops* and art-making opportunities* in a changing environment over the next three years.
These experiences will be varied and will include outdoor art-based activities, collaboratively-made art installations plus in-person and on-line workshops.
Our goal at Ottawa Valley Community Arts is to work with a diverse range of artist-facilitators from across the Ottawa Valley throughout this project. Prospective facilitators are asked to submit their resumé with a cover letter outlining their interest in working in a community arts context and the particular types of art experiences they could offer.
Positions are occasional/part-time contracts on a project-by-project basis. Please enquire about compensation.
- Ability to travel to different locations across Ottawa Valley
- Ability to adapt and adjust programming to meet the changing parameters of the pandemic*
- OPP vulnerable sector check
- Strong group facilitation skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- An understanding of the ways that the arts can be used to contribute to personal, social and community health
- Strong communication skills
- Able to communicate on-line via a range of applications
- Resident of the Ottawa Valley
- Experience in community arts facilitation
- A background in the arts: education, practical and/or employment
- Experience facilitating the creation of outdoor public art in all seasons
Please email your resumé and cover letter to email@example.com.
Note that we are accepting applications on an ongoing basis.
*Pop Up Art and COVID-19
Each element of Pop Up Art programing is designed to ebb and flow with the ever-changing COVID-19 pandemic. When it’s safe to do so, we will offer in-person programing. When it’s not safe to gather, we will offer virtual programming and opportunities for people to contribute to a collaborative project by creating from their homes via specially designed kits. Most of the Pop Up Art events will occur outdoors, in places where physical distancing can be maintained. All of our programming will take place in locations across the Ottawa Valley, hosted by organizations and businesses other than OV-CAOS. Therefore, we are committed to upholding our own COVID-19 protocols as well as reinforcing the protocols of our hosts.